Any plans for an Android version?

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Any plans for an Android version?

Postby bru » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:34 am

I would love to see a mobile version of BRU for Android users.
Thanks.
bru

Re: Any plans for an Android version?

Postby YukonCornelius » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:18 pm

I second the motion.

The range of useful renaming utilities out there for Android is pitiful, and my employer (who graciously supplies me with my cellphone) hampers its ability to connect via USB, etc. for security's sake. So what used to be an easy file transfer onto my windows laptop for a big file rename session has now become quite difficult. Renaming on the mobile device would be very helpful.

And, on principle, I like to rename the very first instance of a file. Copying unrenamed files to a second device for subsequent renaming creates two lots of identical files with different names in different locations: the start of chaos!

Finally, I'm going to donate to BRU because I can honestly say that BRU has improved my life. Thousands of otherwise lost-to-history photos and videos have been reclaimed with its functionality, allowing me to differentiate photos meaningfully, for instance 10,000 pics for work situations from 10,000 pics of my family. I combine the functionality of another tiny (but just as revolutionary) utility called "Everything" with BRU to minimize time spent on a computer and maximize my time spent doing real living.

Thanks!

Cornelius
YukonCornelius

Re: Any plans for an Android version?

Postby Anamika2123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:13 pm

i am also thank full if they create android version... It will help so much
Anamika2123

Return to Suggestions