Bug/Suggestion - Selected columns are not saving

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Bug/Suggestion - Selected columns are not saving

Postby Bacchus66 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Neither Display Options .. List .. Select Columns nor selecting the columns by right clicking on the column list are saving the choices I make. Both during a session and between sessions the columns I turn off are showing up again. It seems to always happen if I change a search option, such as turning on/off regex or sub folders, or if I load a new saved rename setup or restart into a new session. However I think there have been other things that cause it to happen as well, such as occaisionally when I switch the base directory of the search. Not sure on that last though.

I don't know if this is intended behavior or not, but if it isn't, then please fix this bug. I'm tired of turning off the accessed and taken columns. If it is the current "designed" mode, please consider this a suggestion to make those choices sticky. Or at least give us a way to do that.

I will say that this may be a new issue. I don't recall this issue from earlier releases, though I may just have missed it. This is the first week in a while I've had to do a lot of renames. Also, my current version is 3.2.2.1 64-bit.

lastly I should note that the column order is being saved. My workaround is therefore to move the two columns I don't want off tot he right, and size the other columns to keep them mostly off the screen. Give or take allowing room for a scrollbar. Still, I would prefer to just turn them off and have it stay that way.

Thanks,
Peter S
Bacchus66

Re: Bug/Suggestion - Selected columns are not saving

Postby Bacchus66 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:01 pm

Column selection list also gets reverted when selecting a file. Columns added or removed revert back to original set of columns any time a file is selected. This is INCREDIBLY annoying. Just saying.

Again, this does not affect column order or width, just the columns selected.
Bacchus66

Return to Suggestions