Replace multiple strings at once.

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Replace multiple strings at once.

Postby nwnhs » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:28 pm

What would be neat is a function where you could do multiple replaces at once, maybe by seperating them with a non usable character?

I've currently done all my files so I made some up, say you have these types of filenames.
blabla.720P.blabla.mkv
blabla.1080p.blabla.mkv

Being able to change both "720P" and "1080p" for something with the "correct" size P with the same replace command that you can expand over time would save a lot of time. You could have one quick and dirty savefile to stylize to your taste and expand common abbreviations, switch out DD5.1 for Dolby, change @ into at, & into and etc.. Initial setup would of course be greater but it would be great in the long run and it would give more power to the savefile functionality in my opinion.

Something like
Replace: 720p : 1080p : @ : & : en : english : us : eng
With: 720p : 1080p : at : and : ENG : ENG : ENG : ENG

Now I'm not a programmer but I thought I'd add the usecase that sometimes you just want a group of items to return the same value, being able to group values would be even nicer but I understand that might be asking too much. (Could also work with one publisher using different abreviations,names? etc.)
nwnhs

Re: Replace multiple strings at once.

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:59 am

This is a good idea, the separator could be the | which is an invalid as a char for a file name 8)
Maybe we can try to add it for the next release.
Also, check character translations:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1329
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Replace multiple strings at once.

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:23 am

This has been added to version 3.4.0.0 and the separator is the | character.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions