Bug when renumbering several files

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Bug when renumbering several files

Postby JCG » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:39 pm

I'm trying ver 3.4.0.0, and still use 2.7.1.2 :D
I am using a fixed prefix (eg:lake) & an automatic suffix rename for my pictures
Some of my folders have a text file (lake xxx jan 2020.txt) or a thumbnail that should not be renumbered
When numbering without these files, everything is ok. When I inadvertently include them in the renumbering list, and have to go back one line, the process fails, both files remain unnumbered. After advancing one line, both are renumbered. :o
if i deselect several files and very slowly advance, the numbering process is ok.
Unfortunately, reducing the window where the files are, and showing only one file ahead, makes this a very common error.
JCG

Re: Bug when renumbering several files

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 am

Hi, when you deselect one file - in a set of selected files - not all the renaming for all the still-selected files are recomputed.
To force BRU to recompute all the renaming for all the files, including the numbering, change any of the renaming options and then undo the change, this will force BRU to recompute the new names for all selected files.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions