Changing names of multi-pages withing file

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Changing names of multi-pages withing file

Postby Scrappy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:25 am

Good Evening!
I have quite a few files that have added pages (sequence numbers along with names) and was wondering if there was a way to also change those individual names and numbers as well. Otherwise, I would have to go to each page within that file and perform the function the hard way.

Thank you!
Eric
Scrappy

Re: Changing names of multi-pages withing file

Postby therube » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:09 pm

You're going to have to do a better job describing your situation.
therube

Re: Changing names of multi-pages withing file

Postby Scrappy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:59 am

Good Evening!
Sorry that it has taken me quite a while to reply to your response.
Hopefully I can describe my situation a bit clearer....

I have a series of documents that I have scanned into my computer using Paperport 7 and 11. In using that program, I am able to "stack" several different "pages" into one file and can name that overall file such as "How To...." and then each page within that file is labeled as "Page 1" "Page 2" "Page 3" etc.

[I wish I could cut and paste examples from a .jpg into this message box and if there is a way to do so, please inform me and I will be more than happy to send you several examples]

What I wonder is if BRU has the ability to [and would like BRU to do] "rename" all those sub-pages under the primary file name....

EXAMPLE:
Primary File: "How To...."
Sub Pages: "Page 1" "Page 2" "Page 3" >>> "Page 0001" "Page 0002" "Page 0003"'

I can go into Paperport and change each "page" directly and independently, however, since some of the primary files have any where's between two page or more (some have a hundred pages within), it is very difficult to rename all the "sub-pages" unless I "unstack" and then rename each from that point, then "stack" again.

Overall, the program is wonderful and what I have been looking for after all these years!!!!
You would think Windows could do a better job, but....

Thank you,
Eric
Scrappy

Return to Suggestions