Keyboard shortcut to Rename button

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Keyboard shortcut to Rename button

Postby SaladGoat » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:47 pm

Been using this program for a while. Last time I installed on a new computer was in 2018 - no updates since 2016, and it already does pretty much everything I want it to, so never checked for an update.
For some reason, last night I clicked on the Check for Updates link and lo!
Many great new things in the latest version - especially like the expandable list view.
But one thing has been taken away!
I find it so much quicker to do things by keyboard shortcut than by moving the mouse around, so I'm very used to setting all my criteria then hitting ALT+R to rename. But now that shortcut activates the Renaming Options menu item.
Maybe Enter works? Nope.
So my suggestion/request/plea is to re-instate a keyboard shortcut to the Rename button. Maybe you could re-assign the Renaming Options menu to ALT+O? Or assign the Rename button to the Enter key?
Please and thank you!
SaladGoat

Re: Keyboard shortcut to Rename button

Postby Luuk » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:05 am

Greetings, the "Ctrl+R" is rename, and "Ctrl+Z" is undo rename. I wish to have voice commands!
Luuk

Postby SaladGoat » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:09 am

Fantastic!
Thank you for letting me know.
SaladGoat

Postby soporific16 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:13 pm

Quite amazing! My years (a decade?) of using BRU and suddenly I can't use the keyboard shortcut! YAY!

Let's have a look at the options... nada.

Let's have a look at the documentation. No help there.

Let's go to the forum to suggest that you not take away this feature. It wasn't broken, WHY FIX IT?

Oh, someone's already complained. And they've received a reply! With the right answer! And some snark to go with it! Yummy!

So, you've just made it a hidden feature that you need to visit the forums and stumble across the right post to find information on it. How awesome is that?

And thus ends my odyssey to find out what you did to the keyboard shortcut. Someone should post this to the interwebs for the LOLZ.
soporific16

Return to Suggestions