Append Folder Name from single level

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Append Folder Name from single level

Postby Harley » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:30 am

Hey there!
Recently discovered BRU and loving it. So, thank you admin.

Recently I've thought of two features that would save me lots of time:
The ability to Append Folder Name (9) from a single (or variable) level a few levels up.
For example, if I have folders: Food/Fruit/Banana/
and I append folder name with Levels set to 2 with the current option, I'll end up with filename_FruitBanana.jpg
But what I actually want is just the level 2 folder name, not both: filename_Fruit.jpg

The other feature I'm interested in was posted (and accepted by admin) in 2005: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38
This would also save me from trying to separate different subfolders via path length, which is a tedious and inaccurate way to achieve the same thing.

Thanks again :)
Harley

Re: Append Folder Name from single level

Postby therube » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:22 pm

But what I actually want is just the level 2 folder name, not both: filename_Fruit.jpg

+1.
Though you can work around it...
After the fact, do something like:

3:Replace
Code: Select all
Match:  Banana.jpg
With: .jpg

(or something along that line.)
therube

Postby Harley » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:42 am

Perhaps a better way for the second request would be a "Subfolder depth" option.
Under Filters (12) I can click subfolders, but I only want to see a single level down...

Big problems with trying to rename files in one subfolder down, without affecting others in lower directories :cry:
Harley

Postby Admin » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi, these two features are added in version 3.4.2.0 which will be released soon.
Ability to specify a subfolder level and ability to add only one folder name to a file at a certain level.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harley » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:46 am

Admin wrote:Hi, these two features are added in version 3.4.2.0 which will be released soon.
Ability to specify a subfolder level and ability to add only one folder name to a file at a certain level.

Absolutely elated to hear this. Sitting tight for the update - this will save me thousands of clicks.
I'll happily throw some dollars your way for this one!
Harley

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:02 am

Released!
Give it a try :)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Luuk » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Many thanks for update!! In case not reading yet, the "Levels" inside AppendFolderName(9) does now grant "negative number" for "only one folder" anywhere in the path!
Luuk

Postby Admin » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:06 am

Hi, yes. also the ability to specify the max subfolder level for recursive scanning has been added. 8)
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions