GUI Suggestion - Option To Remove Banner

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

GUI Suggestion - Option To Remove Banner

Postby Giacomino » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:20 am

I have been using Bulk Rename Utility for many years now. I have been using an older version for some time and decided to update today.

The previous version I was using took advantage of the entire bottom of the screen for renaming. For some reason, in the newer version, there is a banner that cuts this space down by almost half with no added benefit. If there was an option to remove (or even reduce the size of) this banner, that would be amazing.

Image of UI (2560 x 1440 Screen Resolution):
Giacomino

Re: GUI Sudgestion - Option To Remove Banner

Postby Admin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:48 am

Hi, we are thinking to add an output window or shortcut to profiles in that space when available...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: GUI Sudgestion - Option To Remove Banner

Postby Contour » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Please either remove the banner or let the UI move around it more naturally. It distorts the whole UI for literally no reason. Why did you even add it in the first place? Are you worried that people using your program don't know who made it? Well, now I know who made it, and I hate them for ruining their own program with an awful UI choice. So great work there.

Seriously. Remove it. ASAP.
Contour

Re: GUI Suggestion - Option To Remove Banner

Postby ABtheTechie » Thu May 05, 2022 2:31 am

I made various posts about this awful GUI scaling issue for months ago now and it still has not been addressed, at this point its safe to assume this program is done with developing considering the massive design issue that's been present for literal issues now
ABtheTechie

Postby Panchdara » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:12 am

Giacomino wrote:I have been using Bulk Rename Utility for many years now. I have been using an older version for some time and decided to update today.

The previous version I was using took advantage of the entire bottom of the screen for renaming. For some reason, in the newer version, there is a banner that cuts this space down by almost half with no added benefit. If there was an option to remove (or even reduce the size of) this banner, that would be amazing.

Image of UI (2560 x 1440 Screen Resolution):

Whilst BRU is one of the bestest utilities .... HOWEVER, I must concur with Giacomino (and ABtheTechie)... this has been an issue since I first stumbled on BRU some 10+ or more years back. This is a suggestion since day one as far as I can see.

Just a suggestion...

(We should just be happy for this excellent utility - that could be even better)
Panchdara

Postby Panchdara » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:06 pm

Well, I revisit this thread - by chance.
F9 will enlarge the directory/file listing but only display Filters (12), hiding all other options..... BUT, I just accidentally pressed Ctrl+F9... enlarges directory/file listing (slightly) by hiding Copy/Move to Location (13) as well as hiding Special (14). That's a great start!
Panchdara

Return to Suggestions