BRU file not loading correctly on start up

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

BRU file not loading correctly on start up

Postby chris millward » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:22 am

I have a 'Basic.bru' file that loads on start up.
I decided to make it open 'Subfolders' on start up and indeed if you look at the new 'Basic.bru' you can see that Subfolders=1
However when I start up 'Subfolders' in the 'Filters' section is NOT enabled. Other boxes such as 'Folders' or 'Hidden' seem to work OK
using 'File>Open' from the file dropdown box DOES enable 'Subfolder's as does Revert!
chris millward

Re: BRU file not loading correctly on start up

Postby therube » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:55 pm

However when I start up 'Subfolders' in the 'Filters' section is NOT enabled.

I can't seem to duplicate that?
(When I startup, Subfolders is enabled.)

See also, File | Open filename.bru does not load Path (which is actually more then just what the subject says) as maybe something there is playing into what you're seeing?
therube

Re: BRU file not loading correctly on start up

Postby chris millward » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:49 am

Start up loads the .bru in use at the time of closing. It doesn't matter which of my .bru files I use, it will fail to set 'subfolders' on start up.
At first I thought that maybe start up used a different path that pointed to to some other 'old' .bru, perhaps on my C: drive.
( I use another drive D: for software data to minimises read/writes as C: is a solid state drive and it also makes backups easier for software data).
I have searched for alternative .bru's but the only ones that exist are those that I can see on my D: drive.
As I have said, I can see that 'Subfolders=1', but somehow the procedure to load it must be different to the procedure to load it using 'Revert' or 'File>open'.
Puzzling.
I am using Windows 10 and Bulk Rename utility 64-bit (Unicode) Version 3.4.3.0
chris millward

Return to BRU Support