Change creation date to taken (original)

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Change creation date to taken (original)

Postby hickeyt » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:46 pm

I have a lot of photos that I would like to change the creation date to the date that the photo was actually taken. I know that the date taken is a Windows property that I can see from file manager. Is there a simple way to modify the creation date to be when the photo was taken? I would like to do it in bulk rather than one file at a time. Thanks for the help.
hickeyt

Re: Copy DateTaken (original) into File Create Date

Postby Luuk » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:47 am

Inside the menu "Special, Change File TimeStamps", the top Date-Created section, just needs a dot inside for "Taken (Original)".
Then click "OK", and select any files if to be needed, then you just click "Rename" to copy these dates into the FileCreateDate.
Luuk

Re: Change creation date to taken (original)

Postby hickeyt » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:08 am

I tried that but it will not give me the rename button to click.

In the field called "Taken (Original)" it says "Set Menu Option to Extract EXIF Data" so there must be a step that I am missing.
hickeyt

Postby Luuk » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:30 am

Yes, there must also be a checkmark inside of the menu... "Renaming Options / ID3 Exif Data / File Properties, Extract Exif Data".
It might also be needed to restart the application, if the checkmark was not already there, or maybe just a refresh?
Luuk

Postby hickeyt » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:31 am

That did it.

Thanks. You're a genius!
hickeyt

Return to BRU Support