Using "Date Taken" in photo name

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Using "Date Taken" in photo name

Postby andrew8088 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:57 pm

I'd like to rename photos using the "Date Taken" attribute; however, when I choose the type "Taken (Original)" under Auto Date, nothing appears. Only type that are "current" have any values. In the photo listing above, the "Taken (Original)" column is blank. I know these photos have this exif data; it shows in the photo properties, and other renaming utilities can use it. I'd like to use BRU, though, because it's so powerful. What am I doing wrong?
andrew8088

Re: Using "Date Taken" in photo name

Postby andrew8088 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:59 pm

I should mention I'm on Windows 7, and the photos were taken _way_ after 1970.
andrew8088

Postby dflick@onshoreit.net » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Please read the FAQ:
In older versions I could see the "Date Taken" information, but in the latest version this column is blank. Why?
Extracting EXIF data from JPG pictures is very slow, so this is now disabled by default. To enable it, just tick the "Extract EXIF data" menu item and then refresh your screen (F5).
dflick@onshoreit.net

Postby andrew8088 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:40 am

Thanks! Sorry about that!
andrew8088

Postby jill » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:26 am

On mine though it seems to be looking for "Taken" as a tag rather than "Date Taken". So it finds nothing in the "Taken" tag and doesn't find the "Date Taken" info. Any help?
jill

Return to BRU Support