Hiding 'New Name' files that will be unchanged?

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Hiding 'New Name' files that will be unchanged?

Postby TimUK » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm so pleased to stumble upon Bulk Rename to address a common issue of illegal characters in filename/paths that cause problems with some applications' file loading them..

I typically want to remove ampersand and fullstop/period characters, excepting the file extension stop, of course.

I'm using Recurse Subfolders but when there are a lot of files. Can I configure BRU to minimise a very long and awkward to scroll list by hiding those files that are not candidates for any change?
TimUK

Re: Hiding 'New Name' files that will be unchanged?

Postby Stefan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:21 pm

TimUK wrote:I'm so pleased to stumble upon Bulk Rename to address a common issue of illegal characters in filename/paths that cause problems with some applications' file loading them..

I typically want to remove ampersand and fullstop/period characters, excepting the file extension stop, of course.

I'm using Recurse Subfolders but when there are a lot of files. Can I configure BRU to minimise a very long and awkward to scroll list by hiding those files that are not candidates for any change?

Hi Tim welcome.

Not for dots, but...
to see only files with an ampersand try using

Selections(12)[*&* ]

Click into the list of files to let this option be active. Or de-select "[X] Files" and select it again.

Did you have un-checked the menu item "Options > Ignore... > File Extensions" ? Then the last dot (name/extension delimiter) is never involved.

You can use
Remove(5) Chars[. ]

or
Repl.(3)
Replace:[. ]
With:[ ] an blank
Stefan

Return to BRU Support