Column Headers

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Column Headers

Postby jeff_1868 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:09 pm

Not sure if I am just missing something or what, but how can you add/remove the column headers in the file list? I don't see anything in the menu options and when I right-click on the column headers, nothing happens.
jeff_1868

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:01 pm

No, at the moment the column-header functionality is restricted to sorting. I hope to add some add/remove and drag/drop functionality in a later release.

When you resize them the sizes are retained between sessions though, if that helps (e.g. resize some to zero).

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Column Headers

Postby emelem » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Oh my, this is old, lol. I wonder if I'll be seen...
I too am looking for a way to change column headers. I am trying to rename songs in addition to their detailed properties/ value/ title & artist. But there is no column in BRU to change these :cry:
emelem

Postby emelem » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:46 am

Still hoping to get some help with this...anyone?? :cry:
emelem

Postby therube » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:28 pm

If you were looking to change the tags within the .mp3 itself, BRU does not do that.

Though BRU can rename the filename based upon the (Artist, Album, Title, Track) tags found in the file.

(And in that respect, display of Artist, Album, Title columns could be useful, I suppose.

But by the same token, if the files are already tagged correctly, entering the respective codes in your wanted new file name would then display the revised name, allowing you to see it - ahead of time, even if you couldn't actually see the particular [tag] items in the file [column] listing itself.)
therube

Return to BRU Support