remove space from end of file name, before extension

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

remove space from end of file name, before extension

Postby dystorteddream » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Hey everyone!

After some thorough search and a few hours tinkering with BRU, i've decided to make a post.

I'm trying to remove spaces from various files, but only if they're present at the end of the file name. For Instance:

Adams, Douglas - HGG1 - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy .lit
---> Adams, Douglas - HGG1 - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.lit

The problem is... within my folders there are some files that do NOT have the space at the end of the file... and it seems that whenever i insert anything with a space character in it, it removes ALL of the spaces from the file name. I've even tried removing " .lit" to replace with ".lit", but it never seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks a lot!

D~D

*edited so i can receive notifications of when a reply is posted. no added info*
dystorteddream

Re: remove space from end of file name, before extension

Postby Stefan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi D., welcome.

dystorteddream wrote:Hey everyone!

After some thorough search and a few hours tinkering with BRU, i've decided to make a post.

I'm trying to remove spaces from various files, but only if they're present at the end of the file name. For Instance:

Adams, Douglas - HGG1 - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy .lit
---> Adams, Douglas - HGG1 - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.lit

The problem is... within my folders there are some files that do NOT have the space at the end of the file... and it seems that whenever i insert anything with a space character in it, it removes ALL of the spaces from the file name. I've even tried removing " .lit" to replace with ".lit", but it never seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks a lot!

D~D

*edited so i can receive notifications of when a reply is posted. no added info*
Have you tried reading the help too? :D

Under "Using the Application > The Main Screen > > Removals - Remove parts of a filename"

you will find "Trim - Remove leading and trailing spaces"

In the BRU GUI you find this at Remove(5) > [ ]Trim.
Click on Trim and press F1-key to read an short description about the function.

I guess this is what you are looking for?

Enjoy using BRU! :D
Stefan

Return to BRU Support