Files out of order to rename

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Files out of order to rename

Postby tray » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Hello. I have photos in my folders that are already numbered ex: filename (1) , filename (2), etc. I want to use your software to re-number my files in the format filename 001, etc. I posted about this previsously and your answer was helpful. But when I open a folder in your software that is already numbered your software changes the order of my photos in the order of 1, 10, 100, so then they are out of order for me to rename. How can I pull the folder up and keep the photos in my order before I rename them??
Thanks
tray

Re: Files out of order to rename

Postby Stefan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:54 am

tray wrote:Hello. I have photos in my folders that are already numbered ex: filename (1) , filename (2), etc.
I want to use your software to re-number my files in the format filename 001, etc. I posted about this previsously and your answer was helpful.
But when I open a folder in your software that is already numbered your software changes the order of my photos in the order of 1, 10, 100,
so then they are out of order for me to rename. How can I pull the folder up and keep the photos in my order before I rename them??
Thanks

Hi tray,

check out menu "Options > Sorting > Logical Sorting" if this helps you.

Code: Select all
BRU Help
  Additional Features
     Options Menu
       Sorting > Logical Sorting

This option allows you to sort filenames according to the default Windows XP sort-sequence.
             This allows files containing numbers to be sorted logically, e.g.1.txt, 2.txt, 10.txt, 11.txt, 21.txt.
             The default sort-sequence for all operating systems earlier than XP is to use absolute sorting,
             e.g. 1.txt, 10.txt, 11.txt, 2.txt, 21.txt.
Stefan

Re: Files out of order to rename

Postby tray » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Thanks!!!
tray

Return to BRU Support