Renaming by grouping (windows 7)

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Renaming by grouping (windows 7)

Postby Elessdee » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:39 pm

I have 641 image files, all of same size, that I need to be renamed so that I can put them on my phone and they will be in order. How I want the renamed files to be (if you clicked view by file name, for example) is how I have them being veiwed now, and that is view by date. I tried to order them in the application (BRU) by date and did not get the same order, no matter what I did. I hope that made sense.

What I'm basically asking is how do I go about renaming them in the order I need them to be? Is there a way to just copy and paste it the way I want it, or is it something that can't be done with this program? If you need more information I will be checking this thread fairly often for the rest of the day, or until I resolve this minor set back. (mass renaming 641 files by just typing, isn't how I like to spend my days after work, lol)

Thank you for any help in advance. I will continue to read up on every thread and else where, but hopefully someone will respond quickly :)
Elessdee

Re: Renaming by grouping (windows 7)

Postby Elessdee » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Problem solved. Sorry :p
Elessdee

Return to BRU Support