BRU Disappeared from Context Menu

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

BRU Disappeared from Context Menu

Postby Pfw51 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:07 am

I've had Windows 7 64-bit for over a year now and have used BRU with no problems at all, until recently. If there was a folder where I wanted to reorganize its contents, I'd right-click and "Bulk Rename Here" would be the third item on the drop-down context menu. About three weeks ago, it disappeared completely from the context menu. I don't know how it happened. I can still open the program through a desktop icon, but then I have to search for the folder in the tree, which is a much slower way to go. I loved having that option right there in the context menu. Can you tell me how to put it back?
Pfw51

Re: BRU Disappeared from Context Menu

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 am

Hi, re-install the latest version 2.7.1.2
thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby nocannothave » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 am

I've installed 2.7.1.2 three times and left the box ticked for "Install Windows Explorer Extension". I use Total Commander in place of the Windows Explorer.

The context menu does not appear in TC unless I choose the X64 option, but does using Windows Explorer. This was not the case when using Windows XP Pro SP 3. I'm now using Windows 7 Pro SP1.

Install process. Image

Right click in TC. Image

Right click in Windows Explorer. Image
nocannothave

Postby runaib » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:32 pm

I have the same problem as nocannothave - and I'm grateful to them for their post. As my problem coincides with the installation of the updated Total Commander (32 bit version) I think its a function of that program - my BRU shell still works on the standard windows explorer.
runaib

Postby therube » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Pretty sure that it's going to be a 32/64-bit issue.
With BRU being installed x64, & it's associated context-menu .dll also x64.

And that won't be seen from a 32-bit application.

(I'm thinking ? that there ought to be a way around this, but not sure?
Maybe even to actually "install" both the 32 & 64-bit versions of the .dll... but then that wouldn't work, would it? Would actually need to install both the 32 & 64 bit versions of BRU.
Or maybe by using a method not reliant on the .dll?
Eh, getting kind of beyond me here ;-).)
therube

Postby Admin » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:34 am

It is not possible to install and register both DLLs at the same time 32 bit and 64 bit.
If you install the 32 bit it will show in Commander but not Explorer.
If you install the 64 bit it will show in Explorer but not Commander.
Total Commander should have 64-bit version?
thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support