Change Creation Date without renaming

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Change Creation Date without renaming

Postby Bignomis » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:49 am

Hi
Whilst the BRU implies it is for renaming files I was hoping I could just use it for changing the creation date of files but it does not seem to allow this. Is there a way to do this?
I am using a photo organiser (Adobe) to organise my photos and unsurprisingly it uses the file creation date to order them. This is fine for my 21st century digital photos however my older non digital photos which have been scanned have the date of scanning as the creation date and I therefore wish to change this to the approximate date they were taken so that they appear in the correct order in my organiser.
Incidentally I note that Windows seems to have a limitation on the earliest date it will accept in time stamping e.g. 1971 - am I correct in this assumption. If so this would not be a problem as I could code earlier dates.
Thanks
Bignomis

Re: Change Creation Date without renaming

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:19 pm

If you click rename and only set the creation date, BRU will only change the date. 1971 is a limitation in a lot of software, not sure about Windows itself.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support