Lock up on hidden drives

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Lock up on hidden drives

Postby mullie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi,

After using BRU for some time, recentyl it stopped responding.
I've narrowed the issue down to attempting to rename files in folders on the T: drive, which is hidden from explorer using the nodrives registry key
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
or
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

These drives are hidden from students but used in scripts and programs they run in labs.

If I delete the ini file BRU will open - but to use it on t: drive, I first have to move the files to another drive, rename and move them back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Al
mullie

Re: Lock up on hidden drives

Postby lenoyo4783 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:17 am

Hi there,

Thank you for this application, I prefer it over all the alternatives out there!

Unfortunately though, this issue is still present in version 3.4.4.0 and prevents me from using it in many cases.

If it were be fixed I would be very grateful (:

The current behavior is that if a path on a hidden drive is entered into the address bar, the application will become (and remain) unresponsive and have to be ended in Task Manager.
Or, if the explorer context menu item is used on a file contained on a hidden drive, the program will execute and show in Task Manager, but no UI will ever appear.

Thanks for your consideration,
Jo
lenoyo4783

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:18 am

Hi, thank you for bumping this thread , we need to look at this for next release of BRU.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby lenoyo4783 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:27 am

Thanks for your reply!

I look forward to it :D
lenoyo4783

Return to Suggestions