Running several regex replaces

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Running several regex replaces

Postby maus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi guys, I am new to regex expressions and BRU, but I was able to create some strings that match exactly what I need them to and nothing else.
But the problem is I have several strings to do several different jobs and I would like to be able to make them all run at once, or one after another, without having to put each one in.

I tried using the import rename-pairs option, but it seems like it does not do regex(1) only replace(2)

Any suggestions?
maus

Re: Running several regex replaces

Postby maus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Heh, never mind, I solved my own problem. In case anyone else would like to know how,

I found out there was a command line version of BRU, downloaded that and passed it these options:

brc64 /execute /RECURSIVE /nofolders /pattern:"*.pdf" /REGEXP:"(Drawing) \d\d\d$:Item \1"

Execute to make it actually rename, recursive so it goes through my folders and finds each instance, no folders just in case so it does not rename them, pattern to select only the pdfs, and finally the regex string and separated with a :

Then I just made a single batch file that does that for each of my regex strings.

Works perfectly!
maus

Return to BRU Support