Problem Reading Files from CD /DVD

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Problem Reading Files from CD /DVD

Postby NeilM » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:26 am

Hi
First of all - thanks for BRU! I process huge numbers of files and BRU makes the work far less arduous.
I spent quite a while looking through the forum for a solution but haven't found anything - so I'm hoping someone can help me.

When I try to work with files from CD or DVD, BRU doesn't see the files on the drive. Here's an example:

I have a DVD with .tif files scattered over 50 folders, I want to copy all the tifs from the DVD folders to a single folder on my hard drive (usually it's a specific list of files I want to copy, but I get the same result if I try to select all).
With *.* in the filter, BRU will recognize a text file on the root of the DVD, a list of folders on the root, and show all 50 sub-folders in the folder tree. But it doesn't show individual files. There are other files and folders on the disc and BRU seems unable to see those.

The situation's the same for any DVD / CD I try.

I'm on a windows 7 laptop but used to do this work on a XP desktop without any problems - so I'm wondering if it's a Windows 7 issue?

I have no problems processing files on my hard drive.... my only work-around so far is to copy the entire contents of the DVD onto my hard drive and process from there, but I sometimes have to process several DVDs, so this is where I find BRU so useful.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks for your help.
NeilM

Return to BRU Support