autofiltering as such

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

autofiltering as such

Postby BRUphil » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:09 am

I just upgraded from 2.2 to 2.5. My memory may be playing tricks on me but I thought I was able to enter characters in table 12 and get instant filtering.
if I type a*, all a* apear, and conitinuing ab* the filter would change.

If it wasn't this way before I must have been imagining. Now I have to exit the table 12 focus to get the directory to update. If it wasn't that way before I suggest that for an improvement.
BRUphil

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 am

This was changed deliberately. With large file lists the screen was refreshing with every keystroke, and most people found this to be irritating. In a future release I shall try to make this switchable.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Re: autofiltering as such

Postby BRUphil » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 am

Jim, has this been added in, I'm still using 2.2.6 and now when I click on the name for sorting it crashes. So I'd just as soon update if you added back the option to autoupdate the typing.

I think my other crash is probably related to various MS updates and my development files, since I develop in vis C++8.0 express.
BRUphil

Re:

Postby mjb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Admin wrote:This was changed deliberately. With large file lists the screen was refreshing with every keystroke, and most people found this to be irritating. In a future release I shall try to make this switchable.

Jim

Hi,
I also would like to turn on auto-filtering as I type in the filter-mask.
I am using version 2.7, I can't seem to find the way to do the switching. Is it available from the screen or menus? or do I have to do something complicated like changing a ini or settings file?

thanks
mark
mjb

Return to BRU Support