Re-post after journey into the abyss

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Re-post after journey into the abyss

Postby adkrev » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Thanks all for getting me updated and back to square one. So, with apologies I post this again:

I want to have BRU, if possible, open to a specific folder each time it loads, or have a easy/quick way of opening the folder from within BRU. It is a folder I do 95% of my renaming in.

KHL posted:
start BRU
change into your mostly used renaming folder
activate all renaming options you want to set as standard
save settings via File|Save as... as My_renaming_standards.bru (that's just a guess...)

You then can easily load this favourite in BRU via File|Open and BRU will open the folder with all of your preferred options already activated.

I did this and the file saved to "My Documents". When I click on BRU or on that file the program hangs and does not load. When I delete that file the program works fine.

Does this file need a specific name and need to be put in a specific folder?

Should I just be happy this wonderful utility works as well as it does?

Should I get outside where it is sunny and hope the computer takes care of itself?

Thanks.

adkrev

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:11 pm

By default, BRU will load to the "Desktop" folder. But it will also reload your last-used favourite at startup.

If you tick the option to "store the pathname" in the favourite, then BRU should take you to this fodler at startup.

When you say that this causes BRU to hang, is the folder (My Documents) on a network drive by any chance?

There's alternatives available too. Firstly, you could get BRU to work with a folder that it is happy with, and then create a shortcut to My Documents within it. That would just require a simple double-click.

Or, create a shortcut to BRU on your desktop, where ths shortcut passes the My Documents folder as a parameter.

Both should work (as should the favourite).

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

One solution

Postby adkrev » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:57 am

I feel as though I stepped into another universe. Sort of like moving from CPM to DOS many years ago.

What I ended up doing was placing the folder on the desktop for now. I can access it easily because desktop is the default for BRU.

I tried check the "store the pathname" but could not see any change.

When I wrote "hangs" I mean that the program does not load, but the harddrive continue to spin and it pulls 50% of my processor.

"My Documents" is not on a network.

In any event it is working and a great program. Donation to BRU on the way.

Thanks for all your help and that of others on this board.
adkrev

Return to BRU Support