Rename Files with "Origin" Dates, not "File" Dates

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Rename Files with "Origin" Dates, not "File" Dates

Postby ahenobarb » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:07 pm

I am recovering files off a dead hard drive and I need to rename my files with information located in the file "properties" data obtain by r-clicking each file.

Using this wonderful tool, however, I am only able to name the new files with the date/time the file was created/modified/accessed on the NEW hard drive, i.e. if you r-click the file > Properties > Details I am able to rename the files with the information at the bottom in the "File" subsection, but what I need is to be able to rename the files with the information in the "Origin" subsection.

I.e. the created/modified/accessed information gives me a date of Dec 3, 2016 instead of March 24, 2016, which is the file's ORIGIN date.

Here's a screenshot: Image

Is there a way to rename the file using this information? Reading through the documentation, I don't see that this program is able to do that.
ahenobarb

Re: Rename Files with "Origin" Dates, not "File" Dates

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Hi, it's not possible with BRU to use the Word Document properties instead of the file timestamps to rename files.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support