Changing Pair to Same Name

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Changing Pair to Same Name

Postby jarhtmd » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:24 pm

One (not most important) of the reasons that I have rarely shot raw images with my (older) Canon D60 SLR is that I get a THM file along with the CRW file. This happens when I shoot raw (alone). Of course, I can also shoot raw and jpg at the same time. In either case, I have 2 image files of the same shot which have the same name, but different extensions. (Turns out, THM files are actually thumbnail sized jpg files, including all the EXIF info, etc. Changing the extension to jpg is all that's needed to process them like "normal" jpg files.)

My problem is that, I'd like to rename in such a way that both are changed to the same new name. In other words, I'd like to rename in pairs. For instance, I'd like to change CRW0001.CRW and CRW0001.THM (or jpg) to 2007-1234.CRW & 2007-1234.THM (or jpg).

This can be done by changing each file type separately, but if anything gets out of sync there will be a terrible mess with mismatched names.

Can I do that with BRU?
jarhtmd

Return to BRU Support