Change File Timestamp

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Change File Timestamp

Postby BigT » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:07 am

This has to be something I am not doing correctly! I want to change the Date Modified timestamp on some of my files.
I go to Special (14), click on Chnage File Timestamp and get the Change File Timestamp window,
However if I click Date Modified - set to Fixed, I can't enter anything in the Date or time fields. I can set the date using the drop down list (which is a bit of a pain if the date is years before) but the time comes out at some seemingly random time when I do the change. If I click on the up/down arrows it changes the time by an hour. Get the same if I select change to Date Created or Accessed. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1703 if that's relevant. Help!
BigT

Re: Change File Timestamp

Postby therube » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:54 am

Right-arrow-key to the MO, then you can use the up/down-arrow-key or simply type in a number to effect a change.
Then right-arrow-key to the DA... to the YR.

Then TAB to the time fields & do the same.
therube

Re: Change File Timestamp

Postby BigT » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:25 pm

Thanks for the reply. However have just installed the latest Win10 update and lo and behold date appears in box and I can amend as required as well as change the time.
BigT

Return to BRU Support