Missing Recent files?????????????????

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Missing Recent files?????????????????

Postby BossC » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi, I've searched here under MRU and "recent files list" and I haven't found an answer BUT somewhere between BRU 2.2.8 and the lastone I lost my recent files list (you know, the list of the most recently used favourites) it was there for 2.2.8.x and on a subsequent update - to a 2.4 or 2.5, (I avoided updating for a while, it was working why mess!?!) - I noticed that the list was empty and I had 3 separators sitting between 'Import Rename-Pairs' and 'Exit'.

When it first happened I ignored it and Browsed to the Faves each time, then it started to bug me and I returned to 2.2.8.x but that was ungainly compared to the new versions and I boomeranged.

Now I need my Faves where I had them...

What have I done wrong and how can I fix it??

Ta in advance... :oops:

C.
bossc@...
BossC

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:36 am

Errm...not really sure. They show up okay for me.

This stuff gets saved in the registry (one of the few things that does) and it's actually handled by Windows rather than BRU. Perhaps the registry branch has got messed up?

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby BossC » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:05 am

Admin wrote:Errm...not really sure. They show up okay for me.

This stuff gets saved in the registry (one of the few things that does) and it's actually handled by Windows rather than BRU.

Jim

Any idea where?
BossC

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:21 pm

On my PC they're in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jim Willsher\Bulk Rename Utility\Recent File List - your's should be in exactly the same place.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby BossC » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:22 pm

Admin wrote:On my PC they're in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jim Willsher\Bulk Rename Utility\Recent File List - your's should be in exactly the same place.

Jim

I looked there and there was no such key so I installed BRU 2.2.8.1 and loaded a Fave, I closed it and it appeared in the list as always. I then rechecked the Registry and the key was there with the one file in it. So I opened BRU 2.5.4.2 and the file did not appear there, reopened 2.2.8.1 and it was there, so then I uninstalled it.

But 2.5.4.2 still has no Recent Files and does not add any!?!
BossC

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:39 pm

I can't really comment on 2.5.4.2, but 2.6.0.1 works fine on my setup. The MRU stuff is handled by Windows itself, so it's not something I can tinker with.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing Recent files?????????????????

Postby AndrewRH » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:40 pm

I have the same problem on v2,0,7,3.

Also, there is no recent file list in the registry. There are just two folders under "Bulk Rename Utility": "Main Window" and "Settings".

Would a complete uninstall, delete of registry settings and reinstall fix things, do you think?

~Andrew~
AndrewRH

Postby BossC » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:41 pm

AndrewRH wrote:I have the same problem on v2,0,7,3.

Also, there is no recent file list in the registry. There are just two folders under "Bulk Rename Utility": "Main Window" and "Settings".

Would a complete uninstall, delete of registry settings and reinstall fix things, do you think?

~Andrew~

Well!! Did It!?! :?:
BossC

Postby Admin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Is it still a problem in version 2.7.1.1 ? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support