BRU doesn't show file in folder

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

BRU doesn't show file in folder

Postby jarhtmd » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:50 am

Using BRU 2.6.0.1, I selected a folder that contained approx 2600 files. I selected all and changed the names (2 passes), but only about half of the files were selected. I guess (& it’s only a guess) that I used ctrl-A before BRU had “recognizedâ€
jarhtmd

Postby Admin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:28 am

Could your file selection criteria be hiding the files? Hit Reset and try again.

As for the Ctrl+A, you need to wait until the folder has finished scanning The status bar (bottom) shows "Scanning <foldername>" during the scan, so you can easily see when the scan has finished.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jarhtmd » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:17 pm

Some very frustrating investigation revealed that the cause was a corrupted .CR2 file. It caused BRU to act very strangely . . . in fact; all other files (in any folder) were invisible after encountering the corrupt file.

Reset did not clear the problem. BRU seemed to go into a loop in never-never-land from which it could not recover. I even left BRU running for about 6 hours and “scanning <foldername>â€
jarhtmd

Postby Admin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:34 pm

Trying to handle file corruption can be a tricky thing. Feel free to send me a CR2 file, and I'll at least be able to identify if it's getting stuck in a loop

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support