Can BRU do this???

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Can BRU do this???

Postby cdpoon » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a utility that will rename a file using the info inside a document. For example...I am using Bates Numbering system to number thousands of files with multiple pages withing each file. The number will be placed in the lower right corner of the page. I will then need to take the data Bates inputs into the footer section and rename the file using the data on page one of each file. Each page will have a unique number as they will be renumbered enmass...so there will be no problems in any duplication of numbers. Can BRU do this? If not...do you know of any utility that can? I have been searching for several days and have not come up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :lol:
Charmaine
cdpoon

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:55 am

No, BRU will not do this. However it would be possible to create a customised version to do this. I have already created a customised version which does the exact opposite - update the first line of the text file with the new file name.

If you're interested in pursuing this then let me know - though clearly I'd be looking to do this on a more commercial basis.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support