Add SPACE in between parentheses ( Like This )

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Add SPACE in between parentheses ( Like This )

Postby SuperSoaker » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:39 pm

It is my viewing preference to see a SPACE before the word in parentheses and a space when the word ends before the close of the parentheses ( LIKE THIS ), (NOT THIS). I cannot figure out how to accomplish this. This issue I'm trying to fix is with MUSIC song titles, like when they say (feat So&So), or other things using the parentheses. I find it hard to read when it is so close together. Thank you for your help!

[UPDATE] I found that I can get a SPACE after the parentheses checking the box "WORD SPACE" but it does not do the end side so it ends up looking ( LIKE THIS). Notice it puts the space in the front like I want, but I want an additional space after the "S" and before the closing parentheses.
SuperSoaker

Re: Add SPACE in between parentheses ( Like This )

Postby therube » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm

I'm not quite sure how 'Word Space' is working for you in this situation, but if it is...

Then combine it with...

3:Replace
Code: Select all
Replace: )
With:  <sp>)
therube

Re: Add SPACE in between parentheses ( Like This )

Postby SuperSoaker » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Thank you so very much. This did what I wanted!

If you click on (7) Word Space and check the box, it will put a space in the beginning part of the parentheses, not the end, but your suggestion fixed the end side of putting in that space I wanted.
SuperSoaker

Return to BRU Support