Rename files under every folder

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Rename files under every folder

Postby oavs » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have many files with "file names (2018_04_13 05_51_40 UTC).xxx" files. Fllowing settings does remove all the unwanted " (2018_04_13 05_51_40 UTC)" section.
My problem is I need to open each folder to do that. I have already following settings but does not seem to allow me to "Rename" as "Rename button is in active.

Filter (12)
Folders/Files/Subfolders cheched

RegEx (1)
Match
(.+)\([^(]+UTC\)

Replace:
\1

Can someone please please suggest alternative method to allow so that when a folder selected all the contents of the folder and the subsequent folder content file names changed..with or without the folder name change to remove " (2018_04_13 05_51_40 UTC)" . Naturally content of the (xxx) are different in most files.

Additionally can someone point me to right direction so that I know what all this means? is there some sort of explanations?
(.+)\([^(]+UTC\)

and
\1

many thanks
oavs

Re: Rename files under every folder

Postby Emerkamp » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:03 am

Hi,

First, you prob. want to uncheck "Folders" in Section: 12. If you only want files renamed. Only check "Files"and "subfolders"

Pick your Root Folder from the Tree on the left. This will dig into all subfolders listing files only.
Next select your files to rename, then the "New Name" part will turn green if your REGEX is good... Red= Bad

Look inside the program help, this will explain the REGEX part better for you.
Emerkamp

Return to BRU Support