Randomisation question

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Randomisation question

Postby johnnybyron » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:29 am

Hi Jim/all,

Before I upload my mp3's to my player, I randomise sort them and add a numerical prefix to keep them sorted. But often when playing them, the player will still play the same song title (by a different artist) one after the other. e.g It'll play 2345Jack Jones - Love me do.mp3 straight after 45Kerry Smith - Love me do.mp3. Is it sorting from the ID3 Tag?

I don't mind having the same song/different artist duplicated but it gets a bit frustrating hearing it two times in a row. Any suggestions? Other than that, life is good at the moment.
johnnybyron

Re: Randomisation question

Postby Emerkamp » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:53 am

Hi,

I would say it very well could. Most players sort by ( Album, Artist, or Song title ).

Some players have a Shuffle button, so maybe look for that.
It also might see your number as a track number, so maybe try alpha num ordering instead. If it's reading tags it may have to be written to the title tag also.
I'd say it depends on your player and or settings.

Thinking further, most players get around this by making a playlist. m3u, asx, smil, rss. lots of different types. see what your player reads and make some playlist with random order songs.
Emerkamp

Return to BRU Support