Renaming and moving of jpg-files

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Renaming and moving of jpg-files

Postby arietjens » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi all!

I'm having a very specific question:
My collection of photos goes back to 1999.
I want to rearrange my photos.

I would like to rename them to yyyy-mmdd###.jpg. For example: 2018-0218005.jpg is the fifth picture taken on february 18th in 2018.
Renaming to yyyy-mmdd###.jpg. is no problem at all! But there are some features I do not get to work

I would like to have the numbering to be restarted if the date of a picturefile changes to the next date in the folder containing the files that need to be renamed.
Second I would like to have the renamed files to be moved to a folder containing the first 9 characters of the new filename. Which means all pictures taken on februari 18th in 2018 will be moved to the folder 2018-0218 after renaming.

Can someone tell me if Bulk Rename Utility can do this? And how it can be done!

Hope to hear from someone!
arietjens

Re: Renaming and moving of jpg-files

Postby Emerkamp » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello,
I would like to have the numbering to be restarted if the date of a picturefile changes to the next date in the folder containing the files that need to be renamed.

You can maybe use
Numbering (10)
Break

For this

Second I would like to have the renamed files to be moved to a folder containing the first 9 characters of the new filename. Which means all pictures taken on februari 18th in 2018 will be moved to the folder 2018-0218 after renaming.

Sorry, BRU can not create new folders at this time.
Emerkamp

Re: Renaming and moving of jpg-files

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:55 am

The ability of creating new folders during renaming is very useful we think and should be added to next release.
E.g. if I rename AAAAA to BBB\CCC that means I want to create folder BBB\ (if it does not exist) and rename into CCC
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support