Bulk Renaming Pictures..

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Bulk Renaming Pictures..

Postby Unonymous » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:53 am

Hi, I came across BRU, when looking for a program that would allow me to rename multiple files at once, in lieu of having to do so one by one via Windows, and I downloaded this program thinking that it would be the solution to what I was trying to do, but it doesn't seem to be working at all, no matter what I try.

I have a bunch of pictures that are labeled as pic_00100.png, all the way up to pic_00525.png.

I am trying to bulk rename the pictures as "pic100.png" to "pic525.png", by removing the "_00" from the filename.

When I select box 3 for "Replace" and enter "_00" in the Replace box, and leave the With box empty, the filename preview shows "pic100.png" correctly.

However, when I click the "R" button, it just replaces the filename in the preview as it was originally.

I have been trying to get this to work for the last hour and to no avail, regardless of which box I use, the result is still the name.

Nothing happens.

How can I get this program to work? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your time and help with this issue.
Unonymous

Re: Bulk Renaming Pictures..

Postby Admin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:54 am

Hi, 'R' means reset criteria; instead of that, do click on "RENAME" after having selected the files to rename.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Unonymous » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:06 am

Hi, thank you for the quick response, I just came across a Youtube video for this program, and noticed that the version of the program shown in the video has a "Rename" button, right after where it allows you to select the path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrEwaPvRmlo

The version I have on my pc doesn't. Could this be the reason I am having trouble?

https://i.imgur.com/jO130ZX.jpeg
Unonymous

Postby Admin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:53 am

Yes, strange, the user interface is truncated at the bottom... what screen resolution are you using?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Unonymous » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:31 am

My resolution is set to 1920 x 1200, I can go up to 3840 x 2160, but that is way too small for me to see..

*edit*

I just threw my screen resolution all the way up, but the button was still missing..
Unonymous

Postby Jack2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:06 am

not sure what is causing the problem with the truncation, but as a short term workaround, you should be able to press Alt+R to invoke the rename button....
Jack2

Postby Admin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:46 am

Try running BRU in compatibility mode.... right click on the BRU icon, select "properties" from the menu, then enable compatibility in the compatibility tab.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Unonymous » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi, thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate it.

I have tried both suggestions and they work perfectly.

I really wish I knew why the button was cut off at the end, but I suppose these are viable workarounds until an update is released or something..
Unonymous

Postby tvillini » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:21 pm

This might be a different topic, but it's in the same realm. I offload most of my iPhone photos, rather than having them all on my phone. Newer iPhones shoot to HEIC files. I can access the EXIF data through Windows (it reads the Date Taken) but when I come into BRU, it can't link to it. I have the EXIF option turned on for Photos, and it has no issues with JPG, just the HEIC. Is there a workaround to make this work?

Thanks!
tvillini

Return to BRU Support