Can BRU do this???

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Can BRU do this???

Postby LindaPeterson » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a utility that will rename a file using the info inside a document. For example...I am using Bates Numbering system to number thousands of files with multiple pages withing each file. The number will be placed in the lower right corner of the page. I will then need to take the data Bates inputs into the footer section and rename the file using the data on page one of each file. Each page will have a unique number as they will be renumbered enmass...so there will be no problems in any duplication of numbers. Can BRU do this? If not...do you know of any utility that can? I have been searching for several days and have not come up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
LindaPeterson

Re: Can BRU do this???

Postby therube » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:08 pm

The closest I can think of BRU doing is something like the reading audio tags from a .mp3.

When you add the Bates numbers to the document, is there some sort of log that is generated?
Such that the Bates number references the particular page?

987654,page1
313208,page2
181976,page3

If you had such a log, I'd you could finagle it & use BRU's Import Pairs feature.
therube

Return to BRU Support