Camera Card Reader Hang-up: W10 Home 64bit

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Camera Card Reader Hang-up: W10 Home 64bit

Postby Easy as ABC » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:47 pm

When I navigate to the subfolder for an SXDC card used with either a Canon or Sony camera sitting in a Lexar USB3 reader, BRU will hang-up trying to read the subfolder for 10 minutes or more. I have to use Process Explorer to shut it down.

But if I first navigate to the same subfolder in Windows Explorer, it displays correctly and quickly. If I then start BRU, it too will read the subfolder correctly and quickly. However, if I navigate to the subfolder in PowerDesk Pro V9 for W10 first, it too will hang-up like BRU. So these two file readers exhibit the same problem. This problem never showed up in W7.

BRU is installed with the Windows Explorer Extensions box checked.
Easy as ABC

Re: Camera Card Reader Hang-up: W10 Home 64bit

Postby therube » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm

May or may not apply, but have a look through, BRU Crashes when Scanning Folder.
therube

Re: Camera Card Reader Hang-up: W10 Home 64bit

Postby Admin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:46 am

Hello, does turning-off icon display in Bulk Rename Utility solve this issue for you too?
There seems to be an issue with a Windows API BRU uses to show file icons which in Win 10 does not always help and it is impacting many programs not just BRU.
thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support