Thanks + question about EXIF time stamps beyond seconds

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Thanks + question about EXIF time stamps beyond seconds

Postby MartinMc » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:42 pm

Thanks to all who develop and support this program. It really is amazingly useful and provides a perfect solution to the renaming issues I’ve struggled with ages. Great job to all concerned :)

Now a question. I’m struggling to work with photos copied from apple devices (and saved as JPG not HEIC). Apple uses an apparently simple naming convention (Img_xxxx), but the xxx part is often reused so can be misleading. If using the OneDrive option to automatically backup these photos from the phone, Microsoft just ignore the apple filename and allocates a new name based on the date/time taken. To ensure uniqueness, they use the EXIF time stamp for seconds as a 5 digit number – i.e. to the thousandth of a second.

I’d like to use this approach for older pictures copied from the phone long ago, but it seems BUC limits the seconds value to just two digits – is there anyway I can get to the longer value?

I’ve read the manual about custom formats, but could not see a way from that … but perhaps I’m missing something

Thanks for any help you can offer
MartinMc

Re: Thanks + question about EXIF time stamps beyond seconds

Postby MartinMc » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:45 pm

:oops:
"BUC limits the seconds value" should have been "BRN limits … "
MartinMc

Return to BRU Support