Adding spaces to separate names and numbers

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Adding spaces to separate names and numbers

Postby corsair » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:56 pm

Hello, All!

I have been a generally happy user of BRU for a number of years now, and by playing around with the options I can usually get my desired results.

I now have a problem that is driving me crazy:

I have ~2,000 files, spread out across ~50 sub-directories, all of which are under a top-level directory named Department. The sub-directories are the employees in the department, and the files are .pdf describing their assigned equipment. If possible, I would like to keep the files in their original subs.

Here is the current format for the file names (first and last names are always in upper case, the remainder of the name is always lower case, equipment number is always three digits):
BillSmith001.pdf, BillSmith002.pdf, etc., under sub-directory 1234 Bill Smith
JulieMcLeod001.pdf, JulieMcLeod002.pdf, etc., under sub-directory 5678 Julie McLeod

What I would like to end up with is filenames with a space between the first and last name, and between the last name and the equipment number:
Bill Smith 001.pdf, Bill Smith 002.pdf, etc.
Julie McLeod 001.pdf, Julie McLeod 002.pdf, etc.

It's OK if this can not be done all in one step through BRU, but I would like to run through all of the subs as one batch rather than running each sub individually.
corsair

Re: Adding spaces to separate names and numbers

Postby corsair » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:00 am

Never mind, folks! I am just using Add, Word spaces, and Insert at, and working each sub-directory individually.
It's tedious, but it gets the job done
corsair

Return to BRU Support