Bulk Rename Utility (Old feature missing please help)

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Bulk Rename Utility (Old feature missing please help)

Postby Dantoshou » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:38 am

Hi, I really love this utility and use it to rename media files.

I have noticed that in the latest version when editing the names, there is no preview in the client window of what changes you are making, which used to be a brilliant visual check to ensure you aren't losing data such as an episode name of a TV show.

Please could somebody tell me how to activate this preview again (i.e. it used to show deleted characters every time you pressed remove last N characters)

If this isn't possible in the latest version could you please tell me which version still had support for this?

I know I'm probably missing something in the settings but I can't find it in the options or menus.

Thank you to the creators for this brilliant utility.

:)
Dantoshou

Re: Bulk Rename Utility (Old feature missing please help)

Postby therube » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:08 pm

> latest version

Which?

> when editing the names

In what way do you mean, "editing names"?
F2, or ... ?

> it used to show deleted characters every time you pressed remove last N characters

Are files actually highlighted in the display list?
If not, the 'New Name' will remain unchanged until they are.

Otherwise, as I increment 5:Remove, Last #, the 'New Name' changes as expected.
therube

Re: Bulk Rename Utility (Old feature missing please help)

Postby Dantoshou » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:36 am

therube wrote:> latest version

Which?

> when editing the names

In what way do you mean, "editing names"?
F2, or ... ?

> it used to show deleted characters every time you pressed remove last N characters

Are files actually highlighted in the display list?
If not, the 'New Name' will remain unchanged until they are.

Otherwise, as I increment 5:Remove, Last #, the 'New Name' changes as expected.

Hi thank you for the reply, I was using the latest version from the site as of the day that I posted this question.

In regards to editing names I usually need to remove _-_ and replace with spaces, or remove last 18 characters for example, due to the naming convention of the files I am preserving, I only use the manual edit if I missed anything with my initial run of conditional formatting.

I believe in old versions the New Name and Old Name column were one field, hence my confusion, I've simply put New Name at the left now so I can see the changes in real time.

Thank you for your help!
Dantoshou

Return to BRU Support