Rename button is grayed out

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Rename button is grayed out

Postby Bazsl » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:08 am

I am new to BRU. I need to rename many files and drop the last two characters in the file name. I have entered *-1.* in the Mask field of the Filters group and the correct files are displayed. I have entered 2 in the Last N field of the Remove group to remove the last two characters from the name of each file passed by the filter. The problem is that the Rename button is grayed out. What must I do to enable it?

The manual states that it is possible to preview the new file names in the tree view before renaming the files but it does not say how to activate the preview view. How? Thanks.
Bazsl

Re: Rename button is grayed out

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:10 am

Hi, did you select all the files that you want to rename?
Once files are selected, the Rename button will be enabled if there are names that will result in a new name according to the entered criteria.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rename button is grayed out

Postby Bazsl » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:21 am

Thanks for the reply. I did not select the files because I did not see that mentioned in the manual. I did find it in the help file and logged in to delete my message when I saw your reply. Thanks again.
Bazsl

Return to BRU Support