Running BRU in a batch script

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Running BRU in a batch script

Postby smeyyappan@gmail.com » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for helping me.

I am a new user of the versatile BRU. It is exciting.

Is there a way to run it through a batch file?

Kind Regards
MEY
smeyyappan@gmail.com

Re: Running BRU in a batch script

Postby therube » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Explain further what you're looking to do?
(BRC can certainly do that.)
therube

Postby smeyyappan@gmail.com » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Thank you for taking time to reply.

I am trying to rename a set of files under a watched folder and its subfolders for names that match StringA_StringB_StringC.PDF to StringA.PDF_StringB_StringC. This may seem a weird requirement. This is because Application A supplies StringA.PDF to Application B which needs to applend String B and String C, but should not modify the base name preceding.PDF. Application B has been upgraded after which we lost this behavior.

I was able to figure out the regular expression that achieves this in the base folder and all subfolders. However it works only interactively. The requirement is to watch the base folder and subfolders and rename as soon as (short delay is fine). they appear.

I tried to launch BRU from command line assuming it can run un attended from a batch command, but it only launches the tool with the saved favorite BRU file.

Any help would be appreciated. I wish I knew a bit more of Power Shell.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards
MEY
smeyyappan@gmail.com

Postby smeyyappan@gmail.com » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:49 am

Thank you All for your time to look at my post and providing a solution to me.

I was able to manage with PowerShell Script. I didn't have an experience on that. So it took some time to put down the steps and statements.

I understand BRU may not have a command line version and we may be able to get it done that way if we know Jawa scripting or so.

Kind Regards
Meyyappan S
smeyyappan@gmail.com

Return to BRU Support