Is there a way to use Bulk Rename Utility

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Is there a way to use Bulk Rename Utility

Postby Kimmbrown » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:19 pm

Hey everyone,
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it's the best I could think of.
there are five folders called "FolderA" "FolderB" etc etc. Each folder has a folder nested directly "beneath" (not proper parlance, i know, I cant remember) that is also called "FolderA" etc. I want to run a program or script to remove all the duplicate folders. This situation usually is a product of unzipping compressed archives with WinRAR or 7-Zip. I have more than just the five, fyi, try over 500. People need to learn how to compress stuff better.
Kimmbrown

Re: Is there a way to use Bulk Rename Utility

Postby therube » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:15 pm

I'd think a duplicate file finding program to be more appropriate.

My two choices are listed in this post, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4242&p=11108#p11108.

Some archives are saved with their filename as being a parent inside the archive, with the actual files as a subdirectory within that.

If you were to Extract such an archive, all the files should simply extract to your specified location - in a "flat" mode, no subdirectories.
(Depending on the archive/program, that may or may not be appropriate.)

If you were to eXtract such an archive, the files would be eXtracted as they were stored in the archive, so within subdirectories, if need be.
therube

Return to BRU Support