Inserting Add Command After Autodate

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Inserting Add Command After Autodate

Postby soundarchivist » Tue May 05, 2020 5:07 am

Hello,

I am trying to streamline the creation of a unique suffix identifier code for sound files using the Add, Auto Date and Numbering Commands.

The problem I have is that the code I want is the Current Modified Date followed by a bit of data that is unique to each session, and ending with sequential numbering.

So, an example:

T240.wav

would have the following added:

T240_YYYYMMDDHHMM-ADDEDINFO-##.wav

to end up as:

T240_202005041150-702T-CRT-11.wav

What I've been doing so far is running the Auto Date command to put the Current Modified Date as the suffix on the files and then running the program again to include the "Add" information and the Numbering as suffixes. So, my question is, is there anyway for me to do this in one step versus two? The only thing that changes in this formula is the specific data used in the "Add" Command. Regular expressions are a bit outside of my abilities.

I've read through Tim's guide and spent a bit of time looking through the forums, but can't seem to find a clearcut answer. Would really appreciate the help!
soundarchivist

Re: Inserting Add Command After Autodate

Postby trm2 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:25 pm

I guess I'm a ghost poster now:)

A colleague of mine is supplying the answer since I don't have the time much anymore:

put -AddedInfo- (-702T-CRT-) into Numbering's Sep text-box
trm2

Re: Inserting Add Command After Autodate

Postby soundarchivist » Tue May 05, 2020 11:16 pm

Doh, of course! Thank you for helping me through mental block. Really appreciate it!
soundarchivist

Return to BRU Support