Correct creation Date not available in BRU for select

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Correct creation Date not available in BRU for select

Postby Jompra » Tue May 12, 2020 4:36 pm

I find a problem with creation dates within BRU which I cannot so far resolve, nor can I find a previous answer.

These are video files and the correct creation date is shown Media Crested and Date in windows explorer, hopefully I can include an image. However I cannot see a way to select this correct date within BRU at present, is this a shortcoming or is there something I am missing? I just want my files properly sorted.

Jompra

Re: Correct creation Date not available in BRU for select

Postby Admin » Wed May 13, 2020 1:45 am

Hi,

the date might be available as a file property.
In BRU, right click on a file to show all the file properties available.

Please see operations manual page 62
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4743

Do you want to use that date to rename the files?

thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jompra » Wed May 13, 2020 11:59 am

Thank you for your reply, yes I do want to prefix the file name with the MediaCreation date and my apologies for not knowing about the manual, thx for the link.

I can now get this to work although the date format is not as I would require as it's using ddmmyy, which is unfortunate, but maybe some more work can resolve that unless you can provide a quick insight.

I searched quite a lot for possible answers before my original post so I am posting another image link maybe to benefit others in the future, BTW, these files have now been manually renamed using remove and add operations but you can see the present problem in the elipse, some of the several places the creation date is available as a file property and finally the prefix string I used in blue, I hope this might help others.

Jompra

Postby Admin » Thu May 14, 2020 1:55 am

Hi, thank you for posting the image, it will help other users. The format can be changed with Auto Date (8). thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support