Error using Vista

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Error using Vista

Postby dougfoster » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:37 pm

I have no trouble with the Bulk Rename Utility on my desktop with Windows XP, but when I put it on my laptop with Vista Home Premium, It wouldn't work right to start with (the new name wouldn't get rid of all the old characters) and then it just wouldn't open a folder at all. I just keep getting a small windo with the error message XXXXXXm_plface = = NULL. I tried reinstalling with the latest version, but to no avail. I couldn't find anything in previous posts that might help. Any ideas?

TIA
Dougfoster in New Zealand
dougfoster

Re: Error using Vista

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi Doug,

That error message is something which has always been an issue on Vista. One or two other people have reported the same error but I have been unable to narrow it down. It's somethign to do with the way the "tree" component is being built.

Can you tell me if you have Vista's UAC enabled or disabled? BRU tends to behave better when UAC is disabled, since it was never actually designed for Vista.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby dougfoster » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi Jim,

It was enabled. I disabled it and then reinstalled BRU, but still the same problem. Guess I will have to just use it on my desktop! Shame, it is a great program.

Doug
dougfoster

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:38 pm

I do have a beta version which *may* address this issue, but it's a long shot. It's not ready for the web yet, and in fact may never be ready, but if it is then I shall try to remember to update this thread.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support