Change File Timestamp fails when combined with Change Attrib

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Change File Timestamp fails when combined with Change Attrib

Postby zaadstra » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi,

I discovered that BRU misses the change of time stamps when in the same run the file is set to Read Only. I assume it is first set to read only and then stamped, which fails.
Changing the order of these steps may resolve this issue. In this case the file started being not read only.
Interesting enough a filename change action is allowed when renaming, but this works in Windows GUI too.

As I copy the "Time Taken" which is present in Videos (or is borrowed from Item Time), and set the date/time Modified, this works nicely (when not read-only). I do see however that the seconds are set to '00', possibly this information is not present in the Taken Date (or Item Time, the column Taken (original) is empty, the date I see in Item Date is copied)? Is it possible to 'keep' these seconds with the modified time stamp from the original seconds? I am using this to fix summertime errors, to a time change of 1 or 2 hours.

I do like those new time options very much, I just recently switched from the long time used version 2.4 :D
zaadstra

Re: Change File Timestamp fails when combined with Change Attrib

Postby sarahk99 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi,

I discovered that BRU misses the change of time stamps when in the same run the file is set to Read Only. I assume it is first set to read only and then stamped, which fails.
Changing the order of these steps may resolve this issue. In this case the file started being not read only.
Interesting enough a filename change action is allowed when renaming, but this works in Windows GUI too.

As I copy the "Time Taken" which is present in Videos (or is borrowed from Item Time), and set the date/time Modified, this works nicely (when not read-only). I do see however that the seconds are set to '00', possibly this information is not present in the Taken Date (or Item Time, the column Taken (original) is empty, the date I see in Item Date is copied)? Is it possible to 'keep' these seconds with the modified time stamp from the original seconds? I am using this to fix summertime errors, to a time change of 1 or 2 hours.

I do like those new time options very much, I just recently switched from the long time used version 2.4 :D

Never would have found that without your help
thanks
sarahk99

Return to BRU Support