Can't change folder timestamps

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Can't change folder timestamps

Postby BillyBoy23 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:05 pm

Changing timestamps of folders does not work for me. I've selected the Change File Timestamps under Special(14), set the dates/times I want, and set the filters to only have Folders and Subfolders checked.

When I select the folder I want to change the timestamps, the Created, Modified, and Accessed timestamps for the selected folder turn green and are what I want the timestamps to be. After clicking the Rename button, I get a message stating "1 item(s) processed, 0 item(s) renamed. 1 item(s) required no name change.", but the folder timestamps do not change.

If I follow the exact same steps, but select a file rather than a folder, the timestamps of the file are updated as expected.

I am using version 3.4.1.0 on Windows 10 Professional
BillyBoy23

Re: Can't change folder timestamps

Postby BillyBoy23 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:42 am

I forgot to mention that I'm using the no install version...
BillyBoy23

Postby therube » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:48 pm

1 item(s) processed

Sounds like it do something, presumably changing the date on 1 folder.

You've highlighted the wanted directories & not just a single one?

Anything special about the directories in question?

If you newly create a few directories, select them & change the dates thereof, are the dates updated as expected?

All looks to be working as expected on my end.
therube

Postby BillyBoy23 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:27 pm

I only tried to change the timestamp on one folder. I'll create a couple of test folders and see if it works when I select multiple folders.
BillyBoy23

Return to BRU Support