Rename subfolders at specified level

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Rename subfolders at specified level

Postby logon » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:03 am

My 1st post here: hello everyone!

Just trying BRU (great program!) needing to rename subfolders at a specified level only: if it is possible to do it, then how to do it?

Many thanks in advance for any appreciated addressing.
logon

Re: Rename folders at specified level

Postby Luuk » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:04 pm

One way with Filters(12), is putting checkmarks only in "Folders" and "Subfolders" then putting a maximum folder-depth inside of "Lvl".
Then inside of the file-list, to click on "Sub Dir." so then carefully selecting some of the sorted folders to be at the correct folder-depth.

A better way is adding javascript codes inside of the Filters(12) "Condition" to count how many '\' there can be inside of the sub-folders.
So if having the paid version, to match everything at exactly 3-levels deep, you can use different codes like...
(subDir.split('\\')).length-1 == 3
/^(\\[^\\]*){3}$/.test(subDir)
Luuk

Re: Rename subfolders at specified level

Postby logon » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:22 pm

Very informative and appreciated reply.

I haven't (yet) purchased the paid version, but I'm just thinking about doing so...

Thank you very much!
logon

Re: Rename subfolders at specified level

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:01 am

A better way is adding javascript codes inside of the Filters(12) "Condition" to count how many '\' there can be inside of the sub-folders.
So if having the paid version, to match everything at exactly 3-levels deep, you can use different codes like...
(subDir.split('\\')).length-1 == 3
/^(\\[^\\]*){3}$/.test(subDir)

That's very nice, I never thought about the possibility of filtering subfolder levels in that way! 8)
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support