Renaming Extensions

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Renaming Extensions

Postby dec » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:34 am

> sorry to bother you
> wonderful app, although it took me a fair while to sus it out fairly well. if the formal or just the field labels were tweaked a bit just to be more immediately meaningful would have really shortened the learning curve
>
> my actual questions is how to actually RENAME the EXT. it doesn't seem to do that, although it will REMOVE it. but even if you remove the original EXT, there seems no way to add a new one
>
> is there?
>

> kind regards
>
> don
>
dec

Re: Renaming Extensions

Postby Luuk » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:36 am

Extension(11)==Remove does only remove the extension.
Extension(11)==Fixed can rename the extension, if using the text-box to the right.
Other options can also rename the extension, but first they need a checkmark in the menu "Renaming Options, File/Folder Extensions, Rename File Extension".
Luuk

Postby dec » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:27 pm

Luuk wrote:Extension(11)==Remove does only remove the extension.
Extension(11)==Fixed can rename the extension, if using the text-box to the right.
Other options can also rename the extension, but first they need a checkmark in the menu "Renaming Options, File/Folder Extensions, Rename File Extension".

HI

I ONLY JUST SAW THIS.LET ME CHECK IT OUT

THANKS

DEC
dec

Postby dec » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:28 pm

no such option in Options as renamimng extension
dec

Postby dec » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:16 am

dec wrote:no such option in Options as renamimng extension

also the other option you mention under Extension (11) 'Fixed' is, like several option text labels here very unclear as to WHAT it means! like, 'fixed', huh?

and in any case, there should be a REPLACE option. it is as simple as that.
dec

Renaming Extensions

Postby Luuk » Sun May 14, 2023 4:40 pm

Please stop trying to confuse the other users, there is many different ways to edit the extensions.
You can replace/double/remove/number/add extension characters, just like the rest of the filename...
Extension(11)==Remove does only remove the extension.
Luuk

Return to BRU Support