Images not shown

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Images not shown

Postby mmcdpines » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:37 pm

Hi. Our genealogical society digitizes lots and lots of books like high school yearbooks. Using Windows 10, we end up with a folder of jpg images that need to be named. On my home computer with bulk rename open, if I right click on an image and open it (or just double click on it), the image appears on top of the bulk rename application screen. However, on my office computer, if I do the same, the opened image is set as an icon on the task bar. I cannot see the image I just opened. Any ideas why this would work so differently on two nearly identical computers?

Thanks for any help....it's driving me crazy!
mmcdpines

Re: Images not shown

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:36 am

Hi, which version of Windows are you using, same on both?
Which application is actually opening the image on each computer?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby mmcdpines » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:19 pm

Thanks for your reply. Both computers are Windows 10 and are up to date with all Windows updates.

On both computers, if you open a jpg file while running Bulk Rename, Microsoft Photos opens and shows the image. Again, it works great on my home computer but at the office, the image is opened but is shrunk to a MS Photos icon on the taskbar. So I do not see the image while I am in the Bulk Rename Utility. I have to minimize Bulk Rename and then click on the taskbar icon to see the image.

I think this is a new issue for me. I think months ago it worked the same on both computers. I'm guessing some Windows setting was changed. Thanks.
mmcdpines

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:08 am

Just to make sure, are you opening the images from within Bulk Rename Utility or from Windows itself (i.e. Windows File Explorer) while BRU is open? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support